In the recent announcement of Budget 2022, Finance Minister Tengku Zafrul Abdul Aziz announced an allocation to Ministry of Education worth RM52.6 billion and to Ministry of Higher Education totalling RM14.5 billion.
Here are some budget initiatives that is apportioned for students:
- One tablet will be provided for each B40 student at higher learning institutions under the Peranti Siswa Keluarga Malalysia initiative.
- Discounts for PTPTN repayment from 1 November 2021 to 30 April 2022
- 15% discount for full repayment of loan
- 12% discount for repayment of at least 50% made in a single payment
- 10% discount for repayment made through scheduled salary deduction or direct debit according to schedule.
- One off RM150 to help reduce burden of parents / guardian towards school on-site reopening.
- Increase in Orang Asli students pocket money to RM4 under the Orang Asli Living Standard Improvement Programme
- RM150 one-off payment into e-wallet accounts of youths aged 18 to 20 as well as full-time students at institutions of higher learning
- Provision of free milk daily under the Supplementary Food Programme (RMT) (allocated RM400 million) – specific to local milk producers.
- RM6.6 billion allocated to strengthen education field and Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
- Allowance of RM900 to employers who employ apprentices for a period of six months
- Private sector urged to provide an allowance of at least RM900 to students that undergo industrial training
- MyRail5 Initiative – Unlimited monthly travel for 30 days at a price of RM5 to students of Year 1 to Form 6 and the disabled (OKU) (RM3.6 m)
Before we talk about free tablets, can we have an update on the 150,000 free laptops that were announced in Budget 2021? Budget 2022 just announced 600,000 free tablets for all B40 students in higher learning institutions.— Tricia Yeoh (@TriciaYeoh) October 29, 2021
kinda surprise dengan bajet 2022. baguss banyak golongan diketengahkan, low income, orang asli, kanak-kanak, student uni, oku, penganggur, women & many more????— yeen (@aireenhalimi) October 29, 2021
Explore our sources:
- Ministry of Finance. (2021). Keluarga Malaysia, Makmur Sejahtera – Budget 2022 Touchpoints. Link