Panthera is the only organization in the world that is devoted exclusively to the conservation of the world’s 40 wild cat species and their ecosystems. Utilizing the expertise of the world’s premier cat biologists, Panthera develops and implements global strategies for the most imperiled species. Representing the most comprehensive effort of its kind, Panthera partners with local and international NGOs, scientific institutions, local communities, governments around the globe, and citizens who want to help ensure a future for wild cats. For more on Panthera, visit .
Panthera has been present in Malaysia through partners for almost a decade. In the beginning of 2020, Panthera incorporated an office in Malaysia - Panthera Wild Cat Conservation Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (PWCCM).
Panthera’s Project Kenyir (formerly known as Project Harimau Selamanya) started in 2014 and has been focused on the monitoring and protection of the Malayan tiger (Panthera tigris jacksoni), as well as all other wild cat species in the Kenyir-Taman Negara Core Area in Terengganu. The project’s main objectives are to stabilize and recover the population of tigers and other wild cats in the landscape following the Panthera’s Regional Development Strategy for South and Southeast Asia in Malaysia.
- Satisfactorily complete training as a tracking dog handler.
- Be fully responsible for the housing, grooming, life, welfare, health and safety of your sniffer dog, as outlined in the Health Handbook.
- Carry out the necessary training and research activities with the tracking dog beyond the training period to upkeep the performance and competency of the tracking team.
- Take lead in conducting research on sniffer dogs for wildlife protection work.
- Provide tracking services to governmental and non-governmental agencies when opportunities arise.
- Engage with and conduct demonstrations as part of outreach activities with relevant stakeholders to raise awareness on Panthera’s efforts in wild cat conservation.
- Manage and maintain the project financial accounts, which includes forecasting the K9 operational budget and timely monthly expense reporting.
- Work with the Kenyir Assistant Coordinator to upkeep the project’s inventory and oversee purchase, repairs and maintenance of equipment and vehicles relating to K9 unit.
- Establish and maintain good relations with partners and stakeholders of the project.
- Maintain log of every operation, training and research activity conducted and produce summaries and reports accordingly.
- Work with Project Coordinator, Problem Analyst, and any other members of the team to conduct analysis of the research data.
- Contribute to the monitoring, research and analysis aspects of this project.
- Assist to produce financial and operational reports for stakeholders, funders and for internal use.
- Assist in producing relevant documentation (scientific papers, awareness materials, project reports, Powerpoint slides, resource materials, etc.) where necessary.
- Ensure that all assigned activities are consistent with the schedule and all outputs are delivered on time and at the desired quality.
- Be involved in the decision-making process for those decisions related to sniffer dog health, welfare, behavior, retirement, and euthanasia.
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental sciences related, research methods, social sciences, administration, and economical sciences.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode