YTAR is seeking a Finance Manager who is an experienced accountant to strengthen governance and oversight of the Foundation’s financial operations that includes a well-funded endowment fund, additional assets and fundraising and donation income streams within the requirements of a statutory body.
The Finance Manager role is a senior management role and is expected to collaborate across the various programmatic, fundraising, partnership and marketing functions to achieve the shared goals of the Foundation. As such the Foundation is looking for a candidate that is experienced in accounting and financial management as a steward for the assets and donations received. The candidate must also be mission and values aligned.
The Finance Manager will be reporting to the CEO with additional responsibilities of reporting to the Administration Committee and the Board of Trustees to ensure fiduciary responsibilities are met. The Finance Manager shall oversee an outsourced bookkeeping function to assist in their goals.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Submit your updated CV (with 2 referees listed).
2. Answer the following questions (not more than 300 words per question)
a) Why do you want to apply for this role?
b) What are 3 attributes, skills or experiences which make you suitable for this role?
c) What are your professional ambitions in the next 5-10 years? Please elaborate on how
joining YTAR will support you in achieving those goals.
External stakeholders that will be the primary responsibility of the Finance Manager will include the
National Audit Department, Inland Revenue Board and the Ministry of Higher Education’s
Governance & Administration Department.
The role will be leading all aspects of the Foundation’s financial reporting and control processes
(but not limited to) fulfilling the following tasks and responsibilities: Relationship Management and Communication:
Act as the primary liaison on all finance-related matters including presentation on the financial
performance and position of the Foundation to:
● Board of Trustees and subcommittees (Administration Committee and Investment
● External Auditors, Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Higher Education and Parliament
● Banks and Investment Asset Managers
● Other relevant parties
Monitor and review compliance standards across:
● Accounting: Be responsible for annual financial statements as per the required standards
● Tax Exemption: Ensure the Foundation’s ongoing compliance in accordance with conditions as
set out under subsection 44(6) of the Malaysian Income Tax Act 1967
● Tax Reporting: Submit annual tax report
● Parliament: Ensure annual report to Parliament is up to standard, accurate and timely
● Governance: Ensure compliance with YTAR’s Act as well as supporting internal financial
policies and procedures
Financial Management and Reporting:
● Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of monthly financial reports for all
income and expenses of the Foundation
● Be responsible for reviewing the Foundation’s investments on a quarterly basis in conjunction
with appointed fund management providers
● Provide oversight over the work of the Office Manager which includes:
○ Preparation of monthly online / cheque payment for expenses, payroll, EPF / SOCSO
and other similar outgoings
○ Issuance of receipts for all income including donations and other such contributions
to the Association
○ Maintenance of master spreadsheets detailing expenses and receipts of the
● Manage the process of annual budgeting, performing variance analysis and monthly
reforecasting – the ability to optimize cash flows and cash balance management to ensure
high efficiency of the Foundation’s capital base is critical
● Prepare quarterly donor reports based on scholarship or restricted
Commitment to our organizational values:
● Deep commitment to and belief in Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman’s vision and values
● Humility, compassion, and aptitude for learning
● Strong ownership and independence of work
● High standards of excellence
● Problem solving skills
Qualifications and Experience
● Minimum of six (6) years of work experience including significant experience across auditing
and/or management accounting with at least four (4) years of post-qualified experience
within relevant areas
● Strong accounting software knowledge (e.g. XERO Accounting) and advanced Excel skills
(including V-Lookup and Pivot Tables) would be highly desirable
● Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English
● Strong and confident communicator with a proactive approach towards ensuring all
stakeholders are kept fully informed on issues promptly
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode