The Chief of Communication and Advocacy is accountable for leading the advocacy and communication strategies of the Malaysia Country Office, under the supervision of the Representative.
The key areas of focus are advocacy for adoption of inclusive policies, visibility and branding communications, changing social norms, partnership with private sector fundraising.
The development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of integrated advocacy and communication strategies to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
The effective deployment of public channels and private relationships to mobilize public and private resources for children, including through UNICEF.
Using traditional and digital media and key partnerships to build awareness of and support for child rights and UNICEF’s mission, priorities, and programmes at the national, regional and global level.
Working with children and young people to empower them as agents of change.
Responding to major communication risks and challenges.
As a member of the Management Team, the staff member will work alongside colleagues to oversee the overall performance of the office, create a positive workplace environment, and ensure the wellbeing of staff.
1. At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in advocacy/ campaigning and communication is required.
2. Experience in leading the development and implementation of advocacy and communication strategies, with clear theories of change, specific, measurable and timebound objectives, and performance indicators.
3. A track record of achieving or contributing to tangible policy change.
4. Experience in building strong relationships with traditional and social media entities and using media relations and channels to engage public audiences.
5. Experience in leading the development, implementation and monitoring of digital strategies.
6. Strong communicator with emphasis on being able to present complex policy ideas in succinct, engaging ways through campaign narratives and creative tactics.
7. Experience in managing a team is a requirement
8. Demonstrated experience in design and management of projects, including budget management and monitoring and evaluation of results.
9. Knowledge of children’s rights, public policy, international development and humanitarian issues.
10. Experience in advocacy at the international level is an asset
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode