Welcome to The Hasanah Forum, the biggest national social impact conference in Malaysia. Join the conversation as we explore the intersection of philanthropy and social justice.
Hear best practices from leaders and doers in the social impact ecosystem; across civil society organisations, social enterprises, corporations, policymakers and academia. This event is co-hosted with the AVPN Global Conference 2023.
Over the years, Hasanah has been championing and advocating for greater collaboration across civil society and between business and civil society to contribute effectively to the agenda of nation building. The intention of THF was to bring forward some key best practices and learnings for within the region to Malaysia via a knowledge exchange.
THF 2023 via its theme Fostering Justice-based Philanthropy: Shifting the Narrative to Action will be grounded in conversations across three key levers: People and Institutions, People and Society and People and Leadership exploring some of the following questions:
- As foundations, philanthropists, and funders, how do we catalyse more effectively towards system reform? What is expected to change and how, in how we support organisations working towards social and economic impact equitably?
- The transient nature of trends, behaviours, priorities – how to tackle systemic reform in a VUCA world? Listening from the ground up, how should we use our roles to bridge the power dynamic between “donors” and “implementors”.
- How do we bridge and effectively tackle the convergence of business and philanthropy with social good (with ESG and sustainability agenda)?
- How can we enable and improve our cross-learning and sharing within and between organisations? Moving beyond viewing failure as unacceptable and to be avoided at all costs, to more open acceptance and discussions on what can we learn and gain from our failures. Let’s talk about what we are doing that doesn’t work.
- Finally, focus on Asia- how can Asia based organisations use their strengths and resources and knowledge, in shaping the solutions and contextualise grant making.