By taking up this role, you have the opportunity to use your skills to create tangible impact in the lives of students in Malaysia and experiences for one of TFM’s biggest pride - our talent. You will be focusing on ensuring operational excellence in talent related matters, support with learning & development of staff, as well as run talent engagement initiatives to enhance our staffs’ experience while working in TFM. Ultimately, we want to co-create a culture that aligns to TFM’s core values and work towards the audacious goal of making TFM the greatest place to work. This role is part of the larger Finance & Operations team, and you will be involved in - on top of talent and operations - finance, technology and strategy related work. Ultimately, your contributions will have a direct and tangible impact building a sustainable, effective and efficient organisation.
Overview of Role
This role reports to the Manager of Talent & Operations, and works closely with the Talent & Operations Associate. This role is also part of the wider function of Finance & Operations, which consists of other areas of work such as Finance, Strategy & Governance, Operations, Technology, and Events.
Key Measures of Success
● Staff Engagement Rate (measured via the annual Engaging For Results Survey) – Staff
engagement is key in supporting staff members to stay passionate and motivated. The Finance & Operations function, inclusive of the Talent and Operations team, plays a critical role in being the custodian of culture, efficiency and effectiveness of the organisation by mobilising various resources to achieve optimal staff engagement and effectiveness.
● Operational Accuracy, Effectiveness and Efficiency – Operational Human Resources is the foundation and key enabler of talent. It ensures that the organization is able to run seamlessly. Operational excellence includes ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of operational output, as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of processes. It is about getting the operational basics right efficiently.
● Recruitment Time-to-Hire - Ensuring that vacancies are filled in a timely manner in order for the organization and teams so that teams will be adequately staffed to meet our annual goals.
● Timely completion and strong satisfaction rate of designated projects and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Talent Engagement, Learning and Development
● Initiating, planning and executing talent engagement and L&D initiatives eg. professional development sessions, staff trainings and culture initiatives to increase staff engagement and provide opportunities for upskilling.
● Design, develop, and implement training programs and materials that align with organizational needs.
● Be resourceful and engage with industrial experts to leverage the network as trainers or guest speakers in training programs.
● Track and analyze training data to assess the impact of learning programs and make data-driven improvements.
● Work closely with TNO, department heads, and senior leadership team to align learning and development initiatives with overall organisation strategies.
● Craft policies, plan and execute compliance and policy trainings for staff.
● Work with Head of Talent & Operations to assess learning, development, wellbeing and other talent engagement needs for the organization, plan out and execute talent initiatives for the year.
● Conducting focus groups or needs analysis for Staff to understand the needs of talent.
● Conduit between staff members and management; highlighting key issues from staff members and working with the Talent & Operations Manager to resolve issues.
● Liaise and build relationships with external vendors/stakeholders for HR/talent partnership opportunities
that will benefit staff members.
● Independently own end-to-end hiring process for full-time roles (with the exception of final stage
assessments) through coordination of Job Description preparation, posting of vacancies on job portals,
headhunting, cultivating, screening and coordinating assessment centre and interview logistics.
● Liaise with hiring managers to coordinate the recruitment and selection process.
● Support team to enhance interview questions and assessments in line with TFM’s core competencies.
General Operational Duties
● Coordinate planning and execution of organisation-wide events such as Monday Morning Meetings,
Quarterly Reviews, Reset Day, Organisation Stepback.
● Support Office Manager in refurbishing and enhancing the physical environment, to increase productivity of staff in the office.
Other Functional Projects
● Conduct research and analysis work for tools, strategies and policies to digitalise internal operations, such as adoption of Human Resource Information System “HRIS” and support the implementation of these transitions, where applicable.
● Together with the Talent Team, plan and organise TFM’s org-wide events such as org-wide staff retreats, and other staff engagement events.
● Support the Finance & Operations Director and Head of Talent & Operations in crafting policies and procedures and other HR / organisation governance projects to ensure TFM is compliant and our internal governance is strong.
Any other reasonable talent, operations, and administrative duties as assigned.
● At least 2 years working experience in related fields i.e. human resource, recruitment and/or learning and development.
● Possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree in any field.
● Passionate about our mission: Believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia is viewed by external constituents.
● Aligned with our core values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
● Exceptional organisational skills with strong attention to detail
● Highly integrous, able to handle confidential information responsibly and maturely
● Highly empathetic yet objective, able to strike a balance between the needs of people and the organization
● Clear and emotionally engaging communicator; with proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Deeply enjoy connecting with and caring for people; desire to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals or groups of people
● Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work and prioritise tasks.
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills
● High degree of adaptability: ability to quickly adjust in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented, and Volatile, Uncertain, Challenging, Ambiguous (VUCA) environment
● Strong verbal and written communication in English
● Tech-savvy: Has knowledge of or willing to learn on how to build, develop, manage and maintain knowledge management systems, analytics dashboards, and customer relationships management softwares (including but not limited to Zoom, Canva, Confluence Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Salesforce, and HRIS softwares).
● We practise a hybrid working arrangement; however staff must be willing to travel to office for any on-site work when required.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode