As a Talent & HR Operations Associate, the individual has the opportunity to use their skills to create tangible impact in the lives of students in Malaysia and experiences for one of TFM’s biggest pride - our talent.
The individual will be focusing on ensuring operational excellence in talent related matters, support with learning & development of staff, as well as run talent engagement initiatives to enhance our staffs’ experience while working in TFM. Ultimately, we want to co-create a culture that aligns to TFM’s core values and work towards the audacious goal of making TFM the greatest place to work.
This role is part of the larger Finance & Operations team, and the individual will be involved in - to some extent and on top of talent and operations - finance, technology and strategy related work. Ultimately, the individual's contributions will have a direct and tangible impact building a sustainable, effective and efficient organisation.
● Initiating, planning and executing talent engagement initiatives eg. professional development sessions, social events to increase staff engagement and provide opportunities for upskilling.
● Craft policies, plan and execute compliance and policy trainings for staff.
● Work with Talent & Operations Manager to assess learning, development, wellbeing and other talent engagement needs for the organization, plan out and execute talent initiatives for the year.
● Conducting focus groups or needs assessment for Staff to understand the needs of talent.
● Conduit between staff members and management; highlighting key issues from staff members and working with the Talent & Operations Manager to resolve issues.
● Liaise with external vendors/stakeholders for HR/talent partnership opportunities that will benefit staff members.
● Support the team in planning and executing TFM’s Learning & Development framework and other talent development initiatives.
● Own the end-to-end hiring process for both interns and full-time roles (with the exception of final stage assessments) through coordination of Job Description preparation, posting of vacancies on job portals, headhunting, cultivating, screening and coordinating assessment centres and interview logistics. Liaise with hiring managers to coordinate the recruitment and selection process.
● Support with the continuous enhancement and improvement of recruitment and selection processes, including the migration of recruitment processes onto a new recruitment platform.
● Conduct reference checks and prepare contract offers and conduct contract walkthroughs for new hires.
● Onboard new hires by providing information packs, conducting onboarding sessions, setting up IT accounts and access rights to organizational platforms and other tasks adjacent to onboarding needs.
Human Resource Operations
● Ensure proper documentation and safekeeping of HR documentation (e.g. correspondences, maintaining personnel records, updating talent movements for payroll purposes, other miscellaneous documents and file maintenance).
● Updating Employee Handbook and onboarding materials to ensure accuracy and clarity.
● Coordinate planning and execution of organisation-wide events such as the quarterly Org-wide strategy and culture days and annual staff retreats.
● Liaise with insurance providers to resolve insurance claims related issues and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
● Support Office Manager in refurbishing and enhancing the physical environment, to increase productivity of staff in the office.
● Any other reasonable talent operations, talent and culture duties as assigned.
Other Functional Projects
● Conduct research and analysis work for tools, strategies and policies to digitalise internal operations, such as accounting system migration, adoption of Human Resource Information System “HRIS” and support the implementation of these transitions.
● Lead talent projects in accordance to annual priorities and long-term talent strategy in areas such as Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Mental Health & Wellbeing and other talent-related initiatives to increase engagement and overall organisational health.
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity.
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential.
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and independently prioritise tasks.
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
● High degree of adaptability: ability to quickly adjust in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented, and Volatile, Uncertain, Challenging, Ambiguous (VUCA) environment.
● Possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree in any field.
● Passionate about our mission: Believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia is viewed by external constituents.
● Exceptional organisational skills with a strong sense of discipline to independently handle
operational tasks with accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail.
● Highly integrous, able to handle confidential information with utmost responsibility and maturity.
● Highly empathetic yet objective, able to strike a balance between the needs of people and the organisation.
● Clear and emotionally engaging communicator; with proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Deeply enjoy connecting with and having the heart for people; desire to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals or groups of people.
● Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills.
● Strong verbal and written communication in English.
● Tech-savvy: Has knowledge of or willing to learn on how to build, develop, manage and maintain knowledge management systems, analytics dashboards, and customer relationships management softwares (including but not limited to Zoom, Canva, Confluence Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Salesforce, and accountingHRIS softwares).
Years of experience & qualification
● Prior Human Resource experience of 1-2 years would be an added advantage but not mandatory.
● Bachelor's Degree in any field is accepted.
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders.
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner.
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia.
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.).
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode