Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman (YTAR) is a non-government organisation that was established in 1966 as a fund from the cumulative contributions of Malaysian leaders who were passionate about helping students from less fortunate backgrounds. In the present, YTAR focuses on developing and empowering high-need, high-potential Malaysians.
They are looking for champions to join their team and their movement who are invested in their vision,
mission, and core values (Compassion, Leadership, Honour and Unity). These are important parts
of their culture that ensure our long-term, sustainable success and help them realise their vision of
serving the nation and continuing Tunku Abdul Rahman’s legacy.
YTAR is seeking a mission-driven Executive / Senior Executive who is proactive, creative and able
to immediately support the design and execution of YTAR’s programmes. The Senior Programme
Executive will be required to support all aspects of YTAR’s programmes, including selection as well
as impact reporting for both programmes. The Senior Programme Executive will report to the
YTAR’s primary programmes comprise the leadership programme for undergraduate scholarships
under the Tunku Abdul Rahman scholarship (BTAR) as well as the Closing The Gap (CTG) university
access programme for upper secondary school students.
Programme and Scholarships:
● Lead the planning, design and delivery of training workshops for CTG and BTAR Scholarship
programmes independently (with guidance from Programme Manager)
● Lead logistics for all programmatic events and workshops
● Identify and oversee development opportunities for students (eg: skills training, university and
scholarship opportunities, identifying internship collaborations)
● Support and guide BTAR/CTG Scholars on a 1-to-1 basis with internship, university and
● Support data collection, measurement and analysis for programmatic impact reporting
● Support selection activities for BTAR Scholarship and CTG Programme
● Manage and build relationships with stakeholders from the private and public sector
● Manage and execute communication strategies with BTAR/CTG students, Mentors and
broader YTAR Community, including alumni of our programmes
● Maintain and update database of YTAR Community
Skills and Competencies
Commitment to our organizational values
● Deep commitment to and belief in Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman’s vision and values
● Humility, compassion, and aptitude for learning
● Strong ownership and independence of work● High standards of excellence
● Problem solving skills
Skills & Experience
● Senior Executive: At least 2 years of working experience in teaching, learning or training as well
as programme planning and execution, particularly in education or youth development fields.
● Prior experience in designing leadership or enrichment programmes.
● Prior experience in online education or programme execution.
● Prior experience working with high-need students.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, with high proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia
● Desirable: Prior experience working with youth, universities and/or NGOs
● Skill with software and applications used in online teaching and learning.
● Willingness to travel within Malaysia (in line with government travel regulations)
● Willingness to work on weekends and nights when required (replacement leave provided)
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode