SUARAM (Suara Inisiatif Sdn Bhd) is guided by the Memorandum and Articles of Association pursuant to the Companies Act, 1965. We believe in the universality, interdependence and indivisibility of all rights: civil, political, economic, social and cultural.
(SUARAM) currently has an open position for a RIGHT TO JUSTICE COORDINATOR.
Apply now and send your CV and covering letter, with referees to email@example.com
1. Responsible for implementing and monitoring SUARAM’s advocacy and other activities on the right to justice and police abuse of power.
2. Includes working on individual cases where the right to justice was violated, or police abuse of power took place.
3. The coordinator is also expected to engage with government stakeholders, civil society, lawyers, and victim of human rights violations.
• 3 years’ experience in human rights advocacy, law & policy, governance, political science, and/or social science relevant to SUARAM’s primary area of advocacy;
• Able to work independently and manage project in a timely and organized manner;
• Experience, training or background in para-legal or case management
• Experience, training or certification in para-counselling or working with vulnerable individuals;
• Fluent in Bahasa Malaysia and English with any other spoken and written language being a bonus;
• Able to work and lead CSO coalitions on campaigns against Human Rights violations.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.