OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The Recruitment Specialist plays a critical role in identifying, recruiting and selecting Malaysia's most promising future leaders, locally and globally, of all academic disciplines and career interests to join Teach For Malaysia as an employee who strives alongside our Champions to end education inequity in Malaysia.
The mission of the Recruitment Specialist is to work relentlessly and collaboratively across the organisation and with key stakeholders to recruit staff. This role reports to the Manager of Talent & Operations. This role is primarily in charge of Recruitment for vacancies under the Program Duta Guru pillar to ensure the function is at an optimum pace and size to scale the initiatives.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
● Quality and diversity of employees hired - Ensuring that successful candidates fulfill the hiring requirements and are a fit to the culture of TFM
● Vacancies successfully filled - Closing all the vacancies assigned
● Recruitment Time-to-Hire - Ensuring that vacancies are filled in a timely manner in order for the organisation and teams so that teams will be adequately staffed to meet our annual
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Identifying, building, and managing relationships with universities, non-university partners, and student-led organisations locally and abroad.
● Represent Teach For Malaysia to potential candidates professionally and convincingly.
● Independently own end-to-end hiring process for full-time roles (with the exception of final stage assessments) through coordination of Job Description preparation, posting of vacancies on job portals, headhunting, cultivating, screening and coordinating assessment centre and interview logistics.
● Liaise with hiring managers to identify the requirements, skills and competencies required for the vacancies.
● Liaise with hiring managers to coordinate the recruitment and selection process.
● Support team to enhance interview questions and assessments in line with TFM’s core
● Execute efficient and effective selection processes, including application review, interview and assessment centre.
● Analyse and use selection data and trends to improve work in selection and create a strong feedback loop to support our recruitment and sourcing efforts.
● Deliver an inspiring candidate experience while providing candidates with support
throughout the selection process and until candidates begin their journey as Champions.
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity.
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential: believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia is viewed by external constituents.
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and
independently prioritise tasks.
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
● At least 1 year working experience in Recruitment or Talent Acquisition.
● Possess a relevant Bachelor’s degree in any field.
● Passionate about our mission: Believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia is viewed by external constituents.
● Aligned with our core values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
● Exceptional organisational skills with strong attention to detail
● Highly integrous, able to handle confidential information responsibly and maturely
● Highly empathetic yet objective, able to strike a balance between the needs of people and the organisation
● Clear and emotionally engaging communicator; with proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Deeply enjoy connecting with and caring for people; desire to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals or groups of people
● Proactive, independent self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work and prioritise tasks.
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic environment
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills
● High degree of adaptability: ability to quickly adjust in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented, and Volatile, Uncertain, Challenging, Ambiguous (VUCA) environment
● Strong verbal and written communication in English
● Tech-savvy: Has knowledge of or willing to learn on how to build, develop, manage and maintain knowledge management systems, analytics dashboards, and customer relationships management softwares (including but not limited to Zoom, Canva, Confluence Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, Salesforce, and HRIS softwares).
● We practise a hybrid working arrangement; however staff must be willing to travel to office for any on-site work when required.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode