OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
To identify, recruit and select the most promising future STEM leaders in the Ministry of Education Malaysia (MoE) to join the Program Duta Guru or other equivalent leadership development programmes.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
With the larger purpose of achieving Program Duta Guru (PDG)’s Vision and Goals, the
Recruitment Manager leads the PDG Recruitment Team to ensure effective delivery of PDG by:
● Managing the team to maintain large-scale recruitment strategy and process
● Overseeing and keeping track of the recruitment activities carried out by the recruitment team.
● Managing relationships with stakeholders within the Program Duta Guru ecosystem
(including, but not limited to Yayasan PETRONAS, Education Planning and Research
Division (EPRD), Ministry of Education Malaysia. This also includes working with
stakeholders in the Ministry of Education at federal and regional levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Work closely with the Head of Program Duta Guru and Managers across the PDG team to
ensure the program attains the targeted recruitment numbers and establishes synergy
with other functions in TFM to enhance recruitment efficiency for TFM programs.
● Collaborate with various teams to manage key projects and initiatives within Program
Duta Guru, including but not limited to the National Symposium, recruitment and selection for future participants, training events, stakeholder engagement activities, and roadshows.
● Work in conjunction with other teams to strengthen the ecosystem by building
communities consisting of stakeholders across all levels in the ecosystem, such as Duta Guru, school leaders, district, state, and federal officials.
● Manage manpower resources including contract hiring with the support of the Head of
Duta Guru and Head of Stakeholder Engagement and Recruitment
● Directly line manage all members of the Recruitment team and be ultimately accountable for their deliverables:
○ Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
■ Overseeing all recruitment projects, including Participants and Pembimbing
Program Duta Guru.
■ Develop an effective recruitment process for PDG Participants and Pembimbing
PDG to achieve recruitment targets.
■ Supervise recruitment events, campaigns, and marketing strategies to influence
STEM teachers (e.g., information sessions) and expand outreach through networking (Roadshows) and virtual platforms.
■ Manage recruitment content and strategy in collaboration with the Marketing
Team and Design & Training Team to attract high-potential candidates. This includes, but is not limited to, websites, social media, brochures, and recruitment
■ Oversee tracking systems to analyse and determine the effectiveness of
campaign strategy and execution.
■ Ensure efficient and effective selection processes, including application review
Registered as TFM Foundation (919785 P) . A Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri tax exempt organisation and application essay evaluation, which includes facilitating information sessions and the selection process.
■ Supervise the applicant tracking system (e.g., Salesforce) and other platforms
and tools, especially Google Spreadsheets.
■ Identify, build, and manage relationships with key stakeholders, including
prospective applicants, Pembimbing Program Duta Guru (PPDG), Penyelaras
STEM Negeri (PSN), and the Working Committee (WC - Yayasan PETRONAS &
■ Produce reports for various stakeholders, highlighting PDG recruitment progress..
○ Participant and Pembimbing Program Duta Guru (PPDG) affairs
■ Strongly manage participant affairs and the withdrawal process by working
closely with the Coaching and Support team.
■ Continuously enhance and refine Participant Affairs processes and systems for
better data and knowledge management purposes.
■ Produce reports for various stakeholders, highlighting PDG participant affairs
○ Budget Management and Optimisation
■ Manage recruitment costs to ensure they stay within the budget and are
optimised throughout the program's implementation.
○ Branding and Communication
■ Establish and maintain a strong overall branding and communication strategy
for the program.
■ Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that the strong brand identity of
all involved parties (i.e., Teach For Malaysia, Yayasan PETRONAS, MOE, and
Petrosains) is considered in all communication strategies.
● Work scope and responsibilities may adapt and change in line with the needs of the
● At least 3 years experience in marketing/recruitment strategies and selection processes.
● At least 4 years working experience in related areas of stakeholder engagement, public sector engagement, and/or recruitment
● Managerial experience leading a small team preferred
● Tech-savvy: Has knowledge of or willing to learn on how to build, develop, manage and maintain knowledge management systems, analytics dashboards and customer relationships management softwares (including but not limited to Excel or Google Spreadsheets, Salesforce, Power BI, Google Data Studio, and Atlassian Confluence).
● Passionate about our mission: believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia and Program Duta Guru is viewed by external constituents.
● Resourcefulness - Leverage on relationships/networks through stakeholder engagements as well as existing materials or references in order to achieve effective and efficient outcomes
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and dynamic environment
● Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites in other regions, if necessary.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred but not required
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, achievement-oriented environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Able to plan strategically on multiple projects that are happening concurrently.
● Able to deliver and finish projects in a timely manner with effective outcome.
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel or Google Spreadsheets (formulas,format, dashboard etc.)
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform /application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode