Earthworm Foundation (EF) is an international fast growing and dynamic non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
Earthworm Foundation is seeking a motivated Project Lead/Manager (Business Engagement Team), based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with strong knowledge in the oil palm landscape in Malaysia, excellent communication and writing skills, passionate about driving transformation across connected supply chains, and interested in a career with a dynamic non-profit that builds relationships with companies, governments and civil society organizations to bring responsible products to market.
The Project Lead/Manager will manage relationship with clients, and support the development and implementation of client work plans. He/she will also maintain consistent communication between EF Malaysia and clients/members with the objective to adapt work plan proposals and develop the activities/initiatives. He/she will be expected to support business development activities.
1. Support the development of client’s work plans and strategies, coordinate the implementation of activities/initiatives based on the agreed work plan, and ensure that they are executed efficiently;
2. To act as a point of contact for relationships between clients, EF member managers and EF Malaysia, and maintain regular and consistent communication between them on the development and delivery of the work plan;
3. Participate actively in developing new programmes and strategies;
4. Support the traceability and grievance management project;
5. Support the Programs Implementation Team’s assessment and field activities;
6. Contribute to business development opportunities, where necessary.
1. Master’s/Bachelor degree or other equivalent higher level training in agricultural, supply chain management, forestry, natural resource management, environmental sciences, or other related field;
2. A minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience in fields related to sustainability, environment or palm oil supply chain;
3. Proven field based experience resolving issues through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing go-forward solutions;
4. Programme management experience - Experience in managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal staff and external consultants, vendors and other stakeholders;
5. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) ;
6. Good understanding and keen interest in environmental and social issues in Malaysia, related to palm oil industry;
7. Good understanding of business supply chains and sourcing issues;
8. Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Programme suite etc;
9. Commited to Earthworm values.
Proficiency in English;
Proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia.
Working conditions / Physical effort
Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia;
Some trips around Malaysia.
1-year contract (renewable);
Legal authorisation to work in Malaysian required.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.