The Programme Coordinator ensures that the delivery of Program Duta Guru (PDG) is effective in the regional context and collaborates with other Programme Coordinators to deliver an aligned programme nationally. They serve as a critical lever in aligning and developing Participants and Pembimbing Duta Guru in their respective zones.
Effectively the regional manager of a national programme, the Programme Coordinator oversees the delivery of regional events, co-creates the regional and national culture and acts as the local liaison for engaging stakeholders in the region. The Programme Coordinator also works with Pembimbing Duta Guru to provide individualised support to a group of PDG participants within their particular zone through in-person and virtual interactions.
In this role, the Programme Coordinator will collaborate with other Program Duta Guru Team members to deliver national events and iteratively improve the programme to achieve desired programme and Participant outcomes. Through the programme, Participants are provided with the tools and experiences to develop a life-long commitment to STEM in education both inside and outside the classroom.
Additionally, the Programme Coordinator works with other Programme Coordinators to identify the professional development needs of the Participants and Pembimbing Duta Guru. As part of the national Program Duta Guru Team, Programme Coordinators share and learn best practices to ensure that the programme is delivered across all zones in an aligned way while meeting the needs of the regional context.
1. Work with Pembimbing Duta Guru in the same zone and other members of the Program Duta
Guru Team to achieve programme outcomes -
● Directly and in collaboration with MOE talent (e.g. SISC+/ TPU), ensure that Participants in the designated zone have access to individualised support and coaching
● Deliver training and support activities (PLCs, coaching and workshops)
● Develop and support a collaborative learning culture in the zone
● Monitor, track and record the progress of Participants
● Analyze data on Participant impact
2. Partner with educational stakeholders in the zone -
● Build and develop relationships with school (i.e. Principals), state and district government and relevant stakeholders to support Participants’ development
● Build relationships with local education partners and the regional private sector to support the development of Participants and/or Pembimbing Duta Guru
● Oversee necessary administrative procedures required by the MOE
1. Required Competencies
● Passion for Teach For Malaysia's mission and the movement, with a desire to operate within The Teach For Malaysia's Core Values
● Deep belief in Program Duta Guru's long term mission and desire to develop the team and Participants towards meeting that vision
● Clear confident, and emotionally engaging communicator both in writing and verbally
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, challenging and ambiguous) environment
● Growth mindset for self and others – a belief that with continuous reflective practice and effort, All can improve and progress
● Ability to further develop existing adult facilitation skills and recognise the intricacies of developing adult leaders
● Strong data and contextual analysis skills to draw accurate conclusions and guide actions
● Understanding of principles of teaching and learning, pupil progression, and classroom leadership
● Creativity in identifying solutions/strategies for tackling issues/challenges that arise within the region
● Ability to work effectively with others
○ Demonstrate exceptional relationship-building skills to establish effective
working relationships with people of all working styles, backgrounds, and
industry-experience to form a highly functional team
○ Ability to manage a team that works remotely and maintain a strong team culture
● Strong proficiency in MS Office and G Suite platforms
● Strong proficiency in the Bahasa Malaysia language
● Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites in other regions, if necessary.
2. Who should consider this role
● 2-4 years of working experience with a Bachelor’s degree (in any field)
● At least 2 years of classroom practice
● Experience in coaching/ mentoring teachers and facilitating training sessions is an added advantage
● Experience in STEM education and understanding of the latest national and global trends in HOTS, STEM education and the STEM industry is an added advantage
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode