OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
As Program Duta Guru (PDG) enters into its second phase of implementation, this role is focused on supporting the design, improvement and implementation of the planning processes which will ensure that the team is able to effectively implement the Phase 2 strategic plan into actions with measurable impact.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
The aim of the Planning and Performance role is to support program delivery by overseeing large-scale operational systems and enhancing program efficiency. This involves supervising and monitoring the team's program activities and assisting in the management of relationships with stakeholders, particularly with Yayasan PETRONAS.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role reports to PDG Operations Manager and will work closely with PDG’s Head of
Stakeholder Engagement and Operations, as well as the Head of PDG to facilitate these activities:
Strategic Planning, Impact Tracking and Reporting (70%)
● Create and maintain a project dashboard to track all key programme activities to measure the team’s progress and effectiveness as the Programme Implementer.
● Capture issues, risks and updates on programme delivery, and collaborate with the
relevant stakeholders to address them, if necessary.
● Develop, implement and maintain processes that allow for effective knowledge
● Coordinate cross-functional collaboration within the team to ensure overall effectiveness and efficiency. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:-
○ Work closely with Design & Training, Coaching & Support, Mobilisation
Community, Stakeholder Engagement, and Operations teams to coordinate
relationships established for the respective goals and measures of success
● Support in managing communications of Phase 2 PDG Strategy across the team, the
organisation, as well as external stakeholders to ensure the roll out is comprehensive, efficient and effective, resulting in full clarity and organisational buy-in.
● Monitor and track progress against organisational Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), as well as coordinate quarterly OKR reviews to ensure the organisation stays on track to achieve its goals. This includes improving the tracking mechanism of OKRs, and owning the tracking process to ensure the whole organisation and different functions are on track to achieve our OKRs.
● Produce and present quarterly & annual performance reports, with metrics to capture the progress of programme implementation for stakeholders
● Lead project management and delivery of PDG Impact Report by facilitating the collection of impact data from various stakeholders and driving the reporting narrative.
● Collect, analyse, and interpret data & learnings from past projects/ planning processes to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
● Support in the management of the annual PDG Milestones calendar.
● Work closely with the Research & Data Analyst in reporting regular updates to
stakeholders via activity tracker.
● Working with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to understand the data
needs of the programme, and the expectations of our key stakeholders to recommend and
contribute to the strengthening of existing programmes and creation of future
● Lead internal (and support external) research or evaluation projects, including on
education inequity, student achievement, programme effectiveness and teacher
● Collaborate with the team to create and compile monthly and quarterly presentation
decks for the PDG Working Committee and PDG Steering Committee meetings.
● Prepare and finalise meeting minutes for the PDG Working Committee, seeking approval
and submitting them to the committee.
Stakeholder Engagement (20%)
● Liaise and Engage with Yayasan PETRONAS and MOE (via PDG’s Working & Steering
Committees) to follow-up, track and monitor progress of key tasks from meetings.
● Support to maintain and nurture partnerships within the PDG ecosystem, including private and public sectors (including but not limited to Yayasan PETRONAS, MOE etc.) who collaboratively work towards implementing and deepening impact of PDG.
Programme Implementation Drawdown and Invoices (10%)
● Work with the Finance team to ensure all financial reports and receipts are sent to
Yayasan PETRONAS in a complete and timely fashion.
Key Measures of Success
Strategic Planning, Impact Tracking and Reporting
● Maintain an accurate and dynamic project dashboard tracking all programme activities
carried out as Programme Implementer.
● Effective knowledge management practice.
● Produce and delivery of the reports on quarterly and annual basis
● Produce high quality reports for various stakeholders highlighting progress and impact of PDG
● Establish strong relationships with the PDG Team especially Yayasan PETRONAS
Programme Implementation Drawdown and Invoices
● Ensure invoices are submitted to Yayasan PETRONAS in a complete and timely fashion
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and independently prioritise tasks
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, challenging and ambiguous) environment
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Outstanding written and analytical skills.
● Able to produce written communication, reports and presentations for high-stake
audiences that combine data and written narratives, with great attention to detail and
excellent standard of work presentation.
● Able to produce exceptional presentation decks.
● Excellent organisational, time management and project management skills, including the ability to multitask with tight deadlines.
● Ability to handle sensitive information with utmost confidentiality and maturity.
● Demonstrated ability or experience of holding people to account to achieve goals and
● Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace platforms
● Experience with Agile and/or Scrum project management is an advantage.
● Experience with setting and managing OKRs is an advantage.
● Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites in other regions, if necessary.
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders.
● Able to effectively influence senior level stakeholders.
● Able to proactively build and maintain good relationships with internal and external
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written, verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and professional working proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia.
● Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word, or Google Workspace
equivalents, especially in PowerPoint.
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Workspace, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.).
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode