OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
Teach For Malaysia is seeking a dedicated and proactive individual for the position of Operations Associate. The primary objective of the Operations Associate for the Education Recovery Tutoring Initiative (ERTI) is to effectively manage and enhance the operational aspects of the project, ensuring its successful implementation and impact within the B40 community in the Klang Valley. This role involves close collaboration with community leaders, volunteers, and partner organizations to facilitate and improve educational support for underserved students.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
A partnership with Yayasan Hasanah, The Education Recovery Tutoring Initiative(ERTI) aims to close the learning gaps amongst the B40 community and ensure the most underserved students have access to a supportive and engaged community that will champion their learning outside of the classroom. The aim is to do this by developing community readiness to support student learning through engagements with students and volunteers in at least 4 PPR communities in the Klang Valley.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:-
● Attendance Monitoring and Follow-up: Ensure regular attendance of students and
Volunteer Tutors (VTs), coordinating with community leaders and the Adult team for any
● Feedback Review: Analyze feedback and reflections from VTs' sessions.
● Community Engagement: Develop and maintain relationships with PPR Lembah Subang
and organize community engagement activities.
● Volunteer Management: Assist in the onboarding and management of volunteers,
conduct weekly training, and build strong relationships with them.
● Impact Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor the project's impact data, create reports to showcase this data, and participate in post-mortem meetings for project improvement.
Community Leader’s Management:
● Communication and Coordination: Remind students and parents about sessions, and
coordinate logistics and refreshments.
● On-Site Responsibilities: Station at least one leader at each session for child protection and safety, assist volunteer coordinators and VTs in problem-solving
● Maintenance and Feedback: Ensure spaces are prepped before sessions and cleaned
after sessions and provide feedback to the team where necessary.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
● Successful and smooth project management and implementation of ERTI programme in
● Positive stakeholder engagement and feedback from PPR community and volunteer tutors
on the programme
● Passion for TFM's mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and
independently prioritise tasks
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work streams, and
independently prioritize tasks.
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and dynamic environment.
● Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with students, diverse individuals, external stakeholders and volunteers with good and clear communication skills.
● Strong ability to track and analyze data to monitor progress or report impact.
● Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites.
● Able to work 1 day on the weekend (typically Saturday) for programme implementation
(working days would be 2 weekdays + 1 weekend).
● Passion for Teach For Malaysia’s mission and the education field.
Years of experience & qualification
● At least 1-year experience in organising and facilitating community events or related activities.
● Bachelor's degree in any field. Preferences for education, social sciences or related fields
● Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia and English
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological
platform/application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.)
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode