Mission for the Role
The mission of this role is to build and sustain a strong brand for TFM through branding and marketing strategies, partnerships and activities which will ultimately drive long-term growth, sustainability and impact for the organisation in the education system.
Growth Team Context
You will be part of the Growth function, which comprises of the following teams:
● Partnership Development
This role will report to the Head of Growth.
You will be overseeing and leading the Marketing team, especially in the following areas:
o Brand Development and Management (40%)
o Content and Social Media Marketing (15%)
o Campaign and Data Analytics (20%)
o Public Relations and Media (15%)
● Build and strengthen TFM’s brand as a key influencer and leader in education
o Lead the planning for TFM’s Brand Strategy, increase awareness and deepen the
understanding of the work TFM is doing amongst the public.
o Strategise and seek media opportunities and platforms to advocate for the mission
and strengthen TFM’s value-add and presence as an education thought leader.
o Be the brand lead and drive the overall brand narrative and visual identity internally within TFM and externally with partners, supporters and other key stakeholders.
o Proactively identify and manage issues that may detract and jeopardise TFM’s brand
to safeguard TFM’s reputation.
● Strengthen TFM’s media presence
o Develop and implement media strategies (Eg. strategic partnerships, developing press
o Build relationships with key media titles, personnel, influencers & external
ambassadors to increase awareness and establish TFM as a thought leader and
influencer in the education space.
o Be TFM’s representative for the media to manage and mitigate issues and risks that
TFM may face that would impact our reputation.
o Ensure that TFM is portrayed accurately and positively through news coverage.
● Increase awareness and gain leads through data-informed campaigns or marketing
o Lead the conceptualisation and development of recruitment and donation campaigns
to inspire action among target audiences.
o Strengthen TFM’s digital marketing capabilities to increase awareness about TFM and
gain recruitment and donation leads through multiple digital marketing channels.
o Keep abreast and updated on digital marketing trends and seek out partnerships to
drive this as an area of growth for TFM.
o Lead brand performance reporting and make data-informed decisions with website,
social media and advertising analytics.
● Support and strengthen TFM’s social media and content strategy
o Be a strong thought partner and advise on overall strategy and approach to social
o Support the Marketing team through content creation (writing), specifically in areas
such as vetting through and editing social media content, long-form content and press
● Oversee, craft and align TFM’s movement and external communications strategy
o Align internal functions to a consistent brand voice.
o Work with internal functions and the CEO to drive and craft high-impact key
communications to external stakeholders and the TFM movement.
● Team culture and development:
o Lead, manage and develop the Marketing team comprising Marketing Associates and
o Contribute to developing Growth team culture by collectively brainstorming and
driving team engagement efforts with other Growth managers.
o Establish structures, processes and enhance ways of working to improve team
o Contribute to the overall organisational strategy and culture as an active participant and contributor to the discussions and initiatives in the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) space.
● At least 7-8 years of experience in public relations, branding, or marketing roles; experience managing teams across different portfolios
● Experience in developing and implementing brand and marketing strategy, identity and
● Strong public relations and media engagement skills
● Wide network of contacts within the marketing, media, public relations and its relevant industries
● Content creation and digital marketing skills are desired
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Ability to be flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced and complex environment
● Resourceful and can work under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
● Intellectually curious, a proactive problem-solver, able to execute ideas and be empathetic
● Believes in a strong organisational culture and the importance of community in the workplace
● Humility, compassion, and aptitude for learning
● Able to navigate cultural differences and can comfortably work with people from different backgrounds
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, with high proficiency in English and
intermediate proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia is required
● Ability to travel, work on some weekends, and other times as needed
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode