OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The Talent Acquisition Senior Manager plays a critical role in unleashing the potential and power of a nationwide movement to work towards the vision where one day, all children in Malaysia will have the opportunity to realise their potential through quality education. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that Teach For Malaysia identifies and invests in the most promising future leaders of Malaysia to
join the Fellowship and embark on a highly challenging journey of leadership and lifelong impact. To do so, this individual will set an ambitious vision for global recruitment and lead a team of highly committed and passionate recruiters to engage a wide range of stakeholders that includes colleges and graduate schools, corporates and non-profits, with the goal of expanding outreach, building partnerships, and raising
awareness of education inequity in Malaysia and the role that all citizens can play in solving it.
The Talent Acquisition Senior Manager leads Teach For Malaysia’s strategy in culvating, recruiting, selecting and matriculating Malaysia’s most promising future leaders into the Fellowship to tackle education inequity. This role reports to the Director of the Fellowship Programme. They are also a part of TFM's Extended Leadership Team, shaping and driving organisation-wide strategy.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
The mission of the Talent Acquisition Senior Manager is to lead a team that will work relentlessly and collaboratively across the organisation and with key stakeholders to recruit at least 2,200 Fellows across 3 Fellowship pathways by 2030. The Talent Acquisition Senior Manager will play a key role in bringing in new talent as Teach For Malaysia grows and develops a critical mass of new leadership in our education ecosystem.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Recruitment and Selection Strategy & Execution
● Develop and execute a compelling recruitment, selection & matriculation strategy aligned with larger organisational objectives.
● Define a clear set of ambitious goals for the overall recruitment and matriculation cycle.
● Consistent and timely reporting on progress to goals, including collection & analysis of relevant recruitment & selection data to inform strategic and tactical decisions.
● Lead the co-creation of an inspiring and successful candidate experience and journey.
● Set and commit to achieving ambitious and tangible goals that are aligned with the overall strategic direction of Teach For Malaysia to increase:
- High potential leads and registrations of interest were generated for the Fellowship.
- High potential completed applications cultivated for the Fellowship.
- Acceptance rate of candidates being offered through our selection process and amending the Pre-Service Programme (Pre-Fellowship training).
- Effectiveness in managing the Fellowship selection pipeline and the overall selection process and ensuring strong candidate experiences throughout the process.
● Develop a nuanced recruitment & selection strategy committed to fostering greater Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the Fellowship programme.
● Oversee implementation and refinement of an evolving selection model in line with an evolving Fellowship programme (e.g.: selection competencies and design).
● Review the team’s processes and tools in order to develop process improvements and innovations that will ensure an efficient, effective and scalable hiring process.
● Build and manage strategic long-term partnerships with universities, and non-university partners (e.g. careers fair organisers, corporate partners who allow their scholars to serve their bond as Fellows) and student-led organisations locally and abroad.
● Build lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders (staff, Fellows, Alumni, young Malaysians, organisational supporters, strategic partners, Ministry of Education & other private & public sector leaders) to foster broad investment and conviction in the Fellowship as a high-impact career pathway.
Campaigns and Branding
● Lead the direction and support team members to develop and execute recruitment marketing and communications campaigns centred around key themes.
● Support team members to generate awareness and execute recruitment branding strategies through various channels such as print and social media, radio, television, and film.
Government Engagements and Fellow Placement
● Support the Senior Leadership Team and the Stakeholder Engagement team to manage & navigate through complex government relationships in securing the Fellowship license-to-operate driving our recruitment and selection outcomes.
● Support the Stakeholder Engagement team and the wider Fellowship Team in securing placements for Fellows in schools (including, but not limited to, engaging the Ministry of Education, State Education Departments, District Education Offices, school principals and teachers)
Team Management, Development and Leadership
● Manage, coach and develop a high-performing Talent Acquisition team to be successful in a
fast-paced, goals-driven environment.
● Create structures and processes that enable efficient and effective execution and collaboration
● Source and create professional development opportunities for the team.
● Build a strong collaborative team culture anchored on TFM’s vision and core values.
Organisation Development and Leadership
As a member of the Fellowship Leadership Team (FLT) and Extended Leadership Team (ELT):
● Collaborate with other Managers to build a team culture centred on excellence, results and TFM’s core values to ensure high levels of staff engagement, strong staff retention and continuous professional development.
● Setting, aligning and driving TFM’s strategy and impact within the context we operate in with other Managers, FLT, ELT and the Senior Leadership Team, including developing strategic proposals for the programme and organisational growth on track to recruit another 2,200 Fellows by the year 2030 (introducing new recruitment/employment pathways for the Fellowship and scaling up recruitment goals).
● Shaping and modelling TFM’s core values and culture as the greatest place to work.
● Being the Brand Ambassadors of TFM.
● Being accountability partners to other ELT and FLT members
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity.
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential.
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and independently prioritise tasks.
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
● Passionate about our mission: believes deeply in the importance of inspiring/investing external people in our mission, and has high expectations for how Teach For Malaysia is viewed by external constituents.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills: can speak and deliver compelling pitches,
workshops, and info sessions about our organisation, mission, and vision.
● Experience in developing and implementing recruitment and selection strategy for on-campus or noncampus target audiences.
● Skills, interest and aptitude for conducting interviews and assessment.
● Knowledge and skills in refining and developing our selection model and assessment tools.
● Proven success in leading and driving a team towards achieving ambitious goals consistently.
● Ability to pitch and storytelling compellingly.
● Aptitude for branding and social media marketing.
● Ability to think strategically, analytically, and with strong operational instincts.
● Ability to maintain positivity, focus on the locus of control, and increase effort when faced with challenges; demonstrate the ability to be highly resourceful and entrepreneurial in the face of uncertainty.
● Actively seek feedback to improve and make learning a high priority for self and team; willing to invest in developing a high-performing team and to work collaboratively.
● Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills to build relationships both internally across teams and externally.
● Ability to plan, adapt and manage tasks involving multiple stakeholders and dependencies
● Willing and able to travel as well as work over unconventional hours (e.g. selected weekends, evenings, or late nights for recruitment events, interviews, assessments, or calls with candidates or network partners in different time zones).
Years of experience & qualification
● At least 6 years of working experience required including at least 2 years in recruitment & selection or related work.
● Experience in high-volume graduate recruitment in the Teach For All network is not required but will be an added advantage.
● Minimum Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom, etc.)
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.