Get first hand knowledge and experience about conservation and rehabilitation of our precious wildlife, specifically about the gibbon. Everyone is welcome to join the team. Fees are waived until March 2022, so grab the chance, apply now! The program is minimum 4 weeks but there’s no maximum period.
At the GReP Internship Program, you will gain:
• Leadership skills.
• Team work experience.
• In-depth knowledge of gibbons and primate conservation.
• Hands on experience of gibbon rehabilitation and primate husbandry.
• Knowledge of wildlife enrichment and furniture creation.
• Wildlife research skills.
• Building and maintenance skills.
• Deeper understanding of Malaysian Forest, ecosystem and importance.
• An appreciation of gibbons as a species and as individuals
• Assisting the primate keepers (preparing food, feeding, enrichment)
• Daily cleaning of the gibbon enclosures
• Creating enrichment items to keep the gibbons physically and mentally stimulated
• Building and maintaining gibbon enclosures
Data collection. This will contribute to primate research papers produced by GCS.
• Observation and data collection
• Data entry
• Caring for our guard dogs
• Cooking for the team
• Tending to the fruit and vegetable garden
You may also have the opportunity to join GCS activities, such as outreach programs and awareness events.
You will also be asked to assist in photographing/videographing activities at the centre and assisting with GCS
The minimum period for interning is 4 weeks, however we recommend that you intern for 3 months (12
weeks). The longer you can be an intern with us, the more you will gain from the experience, as you will learn
more about the gibbons and be an essential part of their daily car
• Be over 18 years and physically fit.
• Be able to commit to a 4 week minimum internship period.
• Be comfortable living in rural accommodation in a Malaysian village and must be independent and
capable of cooking for themselves/with other interns at the Intern house.
• Be able to ride a motorbike or drive a manual car. Although not necessarily needed in the village,
we recommend you acquire an international licence prior to your arrival.
• Have a basic command of spoken English.
• Be professional and punctual. No specific professional experience is required, but good teamwork
skills, a commitment to conservation and a smile on your face while you intern are all necessary!
• Have several health checks and be vaccinated against a number of diseases. (see Appendix A of
GReP Internship Application Form)
• Pay the fees in full and the deposit upon confirmation.
• Inform us of any dietary restrictions, allergies and medical conditions.
• Follow all rules set out by GCS. Follow instructions of the GReP staff.
• Commit to agreed upon dates for your internship period, if there are any last minute changes or
cancelation, we will not return your deposit
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.