MYCAT is on the prowl for a driven, dedicated (and experienced!) field manager to join our expanding team in protecting the numbers and habitat of Malayan tigers.
This position will be based out of our field site located in Merapoh, Pahang, on the western border of Taman Negara.
Applicants should ideally have experience in managing and (assisting in) overseeing multiple teams and ongoing projects, and have the ability to act with initiative to problem solve.
This role will see you work within all our major field programmes – including but not limited to ranger patrols, camera trapping, CAT walks and reforestation. Work and responsibilities include anti-poaching patrols, SMART and general reporting, camera trapping set up & data analysis, lead motivating CAT walks, as well as ecological restoration.
You will be working closely with an experienced team of active individuals, and this position will also see you working with Bateq orang asli, and collaborating with the Department of Wildlife and National Parks (Perhilitan), Forestry, Royal Malaysian Police, environmental NGO’s, universities, and inspiring volunteers from far and wide. Experience in media and relations and social media is a plus!
Strong candidates with familiarity in and proficiency with SMART, ARC-GIS, editing software (Adobe creative suite, final cut pro, etc), camera trapping database & analysis software, and/or statistical analysis software will be prioritized.
· Some experience in a management position, you will be managing up to 20 staff at a time
· Details oriented but “big picture” vision when managing personnel and concerns
· Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
· Effortlessly extrovert and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and outgoing personality
· Interest in nature conservation and species protection
· Ability to work independently and flexibly
· Ability to work efficiently with multiple stakeholders
· Familiarity with MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) software
· Malaysian or Malaysian Permanent Resident, with valid driver’s license and own vehicle
· Minimum three years (five years or more preferred) of professional experience in management role
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.