The Duta Guru Community associate will lead the strategy for building a community of leaders in the STEM education landscape that is aligned with Teach For Malaysia's overall strategy of building a community of change-oriented leaders.
Program Duta Guru (PDG) enables TFM to scale our student impact in every district across Malaysia by building on existing leadership within the system. The Duta Guru Community associate will create a network for PDG teachers, Alumni and other regional stakeholders to collaborate on initiatives to increase student impact.
1. Developing strategy and resources for the Duta Guru Community
● Drive understanding of the local and regional contexts that we operate in and make
recommendations on how that influences our programme design and implementation.
● Accelerate the impact of Duta Guru by developing technical resources, training opportunities, mentorship schemes, networking opportunities, etc.
● Support in developing and curating regional strategies through community outreach
● Support in developing and launching a strategy for engaging Alumni (Duta Guru) and
building a community of leaders in the STEM education landscape that is aligned with TFM’s overall strategy for building a community of change-oriented leaders.
● Support in developing and curating leadership curriculum for the Program Duta Guru
teachers throughout their journey as participants across 2 years.
2. Mobilising Duta Guru Community on the ground
● Manage and plan activities and programmes for Duta Guru.
● Ensure that Duta Guru feels deeply connected to the PDG and wider TFM community.
● Increase Duta Guru's involvement and contribution to PDG events.
● Effectively manage all logistical matters and provide communication support to Duta Guru with regard to programme delivery in all regions, including, but not limited to
accommodation, food, venue, transportation, technology, etc.
● Capture and track issues, risks and all relevant updates on event operations implementation from all relevant sources, and collaborate with the related stakeholders to address any, if necessary.
1. Role-Specific Competencies
● Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with a diverse group of people and establish a network for members to connect with one another
● Emotional intelligence, including effective relationship building with many different kinds of people and groups of the community
● Ability to manage operational budget effectively
● Ability to drive new initiatives and act independently while collaborating strategically with various stakeholders
● Highly adaptable and work effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and VUCA (volatile, uncertain, challenging and ambiguous) environment
● Must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites in other regions, if necessary.
● Ability to facilitate and curate a development session that is suitable for teachers
2. Years of experience & qualification
● Bachelor's Degree in any field
● Relevant experience in education and/or community engagement is an advantage
3.Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, achievement-oriented environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
4. Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and strong proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform /application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom, etc.
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode