OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The objective of the role is to position Teach For Malaysia as the recognised thought leader in education and a key partner in the education ecosystem.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
The mission of this role is to build and sustain a strong brand for Teach For Malaysia through marketing and communication strategies and activities which will ultimately drive long-term growth, sustainability and impact for the organisation in the education system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Create engaging and high-quality written content for various channels, including social media content, live social media updates, press releases, impact reports, website copy, blog posts and other brand materials.
● Act as the communication liaison for marketing, coordinating and aligning content
requests from other teams.
● Ensure consistent brand voice across all internal and external communication platforms and guide team members to upholding brand guidelines.
Storytelling and Narrative Building
● Work closely with the Creative and Digital Specialist to develop and convey compelling narratives highlighting the organisation's impact
● Collect and share impactful stories from students, Fellows, Alumni, and partners to
connect with the audience emotionally.
Social Media Management
● Support the management of the organisation’s social media accounts.
● Support the Digital Specialist in the planning and curation of compelling content for various platforms.
● Support the tracking and analysis of content performance to inform future strategies.
Content Editing, Translation and Proofreading
● Ensure all content is grammatically correct, consistent in style and brand voice, and aligned with brand narrative and guidelines.
● Edit and proofread materials produced by other team members for accuracy and clarity.
● Translate content to reach a wider audience while ensuring accuracy and cultural
● Assist the Marketing Manager in building and maintaining relationships with media
● Draft and distribute press releases, statements, and other media-related materials to
increase the organisation's visibility.
Digital Campaign Support
● Support the implementation of digital campaigns, ensuring alignment with campaign
● Create written content and support visual designs for various digital channels to enhance campaign effectiveness.
Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement
● Cultivate relationships with internal stakeholders such as TFM staff, Fellows and Alumni and external stakeholders from media, public and private sectors to better understand needs and act as TFM’s brand ambassador.
● Collaborate with external partners and manage creative vendors to achieve high-quality deliverables.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
● Build the breadth and depth of the Teach For Malaysia brand across different platforms including traditional media, social media and digital marketing to reach key audiences (e.g. Potential applicants for the Fellowship, donors, public & private stakeholders, educators) - all contributing towards long-term brand sustainability.
● Convert awareness into understanding and engagement through content marketing
strategies, campaigns, to produce concrete measurable outcomes (e.g. increased number
of applicants to the Fellowship, increased donations).
● Actively build & sustain relationships with key media partners, brand ambassadors,
other TFM champions and creative vendors.
● Be the brand custodian by working closely with other teams to define and ensure the
consistency of the brand identity.
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people's potential
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work and
independently prioritise tasks
● Exceptional writing skills in English with a meticulous eye for detail.
● Writing skills in Malay or other local languages is a plus.
● Curiosity and ability to translate his/her passion for social impact into compelling written content.
● Ability to adapt writing style to various platforms and audiences, considering cultural nuances.
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Experience in communications (e.g. advertising, public relations & digital media) is
● Familiarity with content management systems and digital publishing tools is a plus
● Design and editing skills are a plus
Years of experience & qualification
● 2 years of proven experience in professional writing and content creation, preferably in impactful storytelling.
● Bachelor's Degree in a field related to communications, marketing or journalism. A
non-related degree can be considered if there is relevant experience and/or a portfolio of relevant skills
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode