We are looking for a proactive Content Creator, passionate about making a change in the non-profit space. Content Creator will work with the Associates and Programme Managers in the preparation of relevant materials & deliverables, such as:
● Conduct independent primary and secondary research using innovative methods to gather accurate data on
topics related to finance topics. This includes being proactive in conducting surveys/interviews, analysing keyword/social media trends, making calls to relevant institutions to collect data such as factual information, demographics data and communities' stories.
● Identify the most suitable online learning approaches, formats, and materials that are interesting and helpful to our target audience, i.e. diverse B40 Malaysians, on personal and business finance topics, using accurate data gathered.
● Create engaging, well-structured and easy to understand instructional materials on chosen financial topics by taking into consideration user experience optimisation. This can include diversifying the formats of content
created (step-by-step guides, activities, quizzes, video scripts etc) and incorporating interactive and engaging elements within the content (e.g. humour).
● Incorporate feedback from multiple review sessions with different parties and from focus group testings with communities to refine and improve on the content.
● Coordinate with the designer/video editors to translate the written/curated content into illustrations and visualisations, e.g. infographics, flowcharts, GIFs, videos etc. to make the content interactive
● Providing input and assisting with the fact-checking of content to be published where necessary, including social media and digital marketing content
The minimum qualifications are:
● 3+ years’ experience in creating engaging content for educational platforms
● Experienced in the finance, education, or related sectors
● Strong knowledge of financial concepts, including budgeting, saving, investing, debt management, and financial planning.
● Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills in English, with similar skills in Bahasa Malaysia would be a great advantage
Additionally, candidates with the following background will be preferred:
● Experience in creating engaging and relatable content and learning experiences for low income Malaysians
● Experience in instructional design e.g. background in conducting needs assessment, designing curriculum as well as instructional materials
● Good understanding of social issues in Malaysia especially concerning the B40 income group
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, competing time and resource demands
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode