OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
Program Duta Guru enables TFM to scale our student impact in every district across Malaysia by building on existing leadership within the system. The Coaching and Support Manager leads the coaching and support strategy as a core component of Program Duta Guru in alignment with other components of the programme as well as Teach For Malaysia’s Theory of Leadership.
As a member of TFM’s Extended Leadership Team (ELT), the Coaching and Support Manager
collaborates with other ELT members to set and drive TFM’s strategy and impact while shaping and modeling our core values.
MISSION FOR THE ROLE
The Coaching and Support Manager leads PDG’s Coaching and Support Team to provide ongoing support for Participants to develop as highly competent and committed educators, in partnership with Pembimbing Duta Guru.
As part of the PDG leadership team, this individual will also work closely with other managers to ensure that Program Duta Guru is able to cultivate STEM leaders within the Malaysian education system while driving towards transformational student impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Coaching and Support
● Develop, communicate and implement a strategy for engaging Pembimbing Duta Guru to
provide coaching and support in order to accelerate Participant development.
● Develop and implement a system or process to monitor participant development across the 2 year programme.
● Manage and coach Programme Coordinators to work together with Training Specialists and Pembimbing Duta Guru in order to ensure Participants are supported in their development towards becoming role models to enhance higher order thinking skills through STEM education.
PDG Team Leadership
● As part of the PDG leadership team, collaborate with other managers in PDG to
○ ensure internal alignment on key decisions and programmatic approach with a
focus on transformational student impact
○ monitor, evaluate and report programmatic impact against delivery of Program
Duta Guru goals
○ foster a sustainable and collaborative team culture to ensure that PDG and TFM
goals are met
○ ensure robust project management of PDG within scope, timeframe and budget in
order to achieve Participant and student impact
○ manage impact review cycles internally and externally to continuously improve
● Any other responsibilities assigned as required to support the needs of the team and
organization where appropriate
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
● Measure 1 - Evidence of programmatic impact through growth in teacher competencies
and student learning
● Measure 2 - Participant and Pembimbing Duta Guru satisfaction, loyalty and retention
● Measure 3 - Coaching and Support team is engaged, resourced and equipped to deliver
PDG’s key measures of success
● Strong pedagogical practice in alignment with our Student Vision
● Ability to build and sustain strong relationships with a diverse group of people, and establish a network for members to connect with one another
● Strategic planning and execution by aligning the team on a vision of success, planning strategically and monitoring progress systematically
● Ability to manage operational budget effectively
● Ability to drive new initiatives, and act independently while collaborating strategically with various stakeholders
Years of experience & qualification
● At least 6 years experience in education, preferably including experience in coaching and mentoring teachers
● Bachelor's Degree in any field
● Coaching certification would be an added advantage
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, achievement-oriented environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.)
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2024 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode