Free Tree Society’s flagship Bangsar Nursery is nestled into the last green lung of cosmopolitan Bangsar, the remnants of an old rubber estate from a bygone era, and the birthplace of a presently imperative environmental society.
Our environment is at the forefront of our cause and we make a point of ensuring our activities are as sustainable as possible. We use natural fertilizers and pest repellents, we harvest rainwater for watering the nursery, and we have composting and vermicomposting on site.
We run volunteering sessions at the Bangsar Nursery on Tuesdays and Saturdays. A typical session will see the Free Tree Society team leading volunteers through:
- An introduction to Free Tree Society and tour of Bangsar Nursery
- Biodiversity Talk (Rewilding and Wildlife Habitats)
- Environmental Solutions Talk (Rainwater Harvesting and Composting)
- Planting Workshop (soil mixing, propagation, and transplanting)
- Nursery Management (plant care and nursery maintenance)
Our programme is designed impart participants with the knowledge and skills to create a nation of trained Environmental Stewards. We provide all the tools and equipment.
Volunteer sessions are open to only fully-vaccinated individuals who have “Low Risk” status on MySejahtera.
Public volunteering sessions are free. You will be joining other Malaysian residents and visitors alike all pulling together to green the city.
Jalan Limau Purut, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia