The Alumni Impact Senior Associate will support a thriving 400+ and growing community of
Alumni to continue and amplify their impact on the mission after the Fellowship through
overseeing strategic partnerships, insights, and development of the Alumni Community. The
Alumni Impact Senior Associate will also work with the Community Mobilisation team that aims to mobilise leaders into the movement of education inequity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Strategy and execution
● Support Alumni Impact Manager in executing the goals of Fellowship and other teams, such as Training and Support, Partnership Development, Talent Acquisition and Community Mobilisation, in relation to Alumni Impact.
Development of Alumni
● Coordinate with the Alumni Board (elected Alumni representatives of the Alumni
Community) to support the portfolios.
● Support career preparation of TFM Alumni and Year 2 Fellows by overseeing career
support. This involves working in collaboration with various teams, including Training & Support.
● Coordinate with the Training & Support team to ensure that Fellows' have a strong
understanding of their role as incoming TFM Alumni through engagement events.
● Coordinate and disseminate strategic development opportunities and sessions for Alumni to upskill themselves as educators and leaders in the social sector.
Growing Insights of Alumni Community
● Lead the administration of the annual Alumni Survey to ensure quality survey questions, participation and results analysis.
● Ensures Alumni databases and insights are effectively maintained, communicated and
used to drive all work areas. eg: Using insights of Alumni interest to identify potential collaboration with external opportunities or support recruitment campaigns.
● Plan and execute key projects and events to increase Alumni Development and/or Impact. Key projects include, and are not limited to:
- Opportunities to recognise and celebrate teaching excellence among Teaching
Alumni and the wider teaching community.
- Focus groups and Alumni Professional Development sessions.
● Oversee the spectrum of career support for Year 2 Fellows and Alumni with Training &
Support team, including career consultations, resume review, and supporting Fellow
● Manage a small team comprising multiple internal and external stakeholders and different priorities.
Communications and Community Engagement
● Manage communication with Fellows, Alumni and external stakeholders. This includes
overseeing the monthly newsletter to Alumni and Legends (former staff).
● Support the Alumni Impact Manager on communication to the larger Alumni Community.
● Supports Alumni-related sessions within the Fellowship programme.
● Represent Alumni Impact team in key external and internal managerial meetings
● Aligned to TFM Core Values: Sense of Possibility, Excellence, Collaboration & Integrity
● Passion for TFM’s mission, the education field, and developing people’s potential
● Proactive self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and
independently prioritise tasks
● Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
● Strong stakeholder engagement, management skills & high emotional intelligence - Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals to increase productivity and/or handle conflicts
● Strategic thinking - Ability to set long-term strategy and vision for all areas of work
● Strong drive towards achieving ambitious goals
● Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
● Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to achieve collective goals.
Strong empathy and clarity of thought
● Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills
● Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English, good BM proficiency required.
● Basic budget management skills
● Proficiency in Google Office, Canva
Years of experience & qualification
● Experience in community building or Alumni engagement is highly encouraged
● Bachelor’s Degree in any field relevant to the scope of work
● Fresh Graduates with strong community engagement are welcomed to apply
Leadership Experience & Team Adaptability
● Ability to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and stakeholders
● Able to think strategically, critically, innovatively, and in a resourceful manner
● Able to build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Language & Technical Proficiency
● Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia
● Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
● Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.)
Wiki Impact is an online platform dedicated to the impact industry. We share stories and data on issues that matter, highlighting impact-driven organizations and changemakers on the ground. Now, everyone can experience the impact industry, get data to give effectively, and bring more fulfilment and purpose to life.
Ⓒ 2022 All rights reserved Made with ❤️ by Rootcode